Saturday, February 19, 2011

Wasn't it a dream???

Life is something that cannot be defined. It keeps on swinging from one moment to the next. The world has given no birth to a man who can foretell whats in front of his life. In vague sense it can take us from the depth of deepest sorrow to height of blissful state.
Born in the country side, I have a long tale to narrate about the gift I got from the creator.In the forgone years, during my childhood period, I was asked to go for school. No sooner did I hear about the school, my heart pounded vigorously to generate tears in the eyes. Its not simple for me to describe why my heart was so reluctant to go for schooling.Elder brothers and sisters of mine were the pieces of happiness for they were beaten by the age not to go for a place abound with flow of wisdoms,the school.I then knew that my siblings too were suffering from a fear of School, so called scolionophobia.
To fight against the fear that was placing my life on the horn of constant dilemma, I literally prayed my beloved sisters why they were unwilling to go for school.Under scorching rays of compulsion, one of my elder sisters told me that having education was like undergoing corporal punishment in the prison. The word punishment paralyzed my whole mind and soul,with the agonizing pain in my heart. The reason got intensified when one of my friends who went for School complained the parent about the same. He firmly refused to go as he was inflicted with unbearable pain by enforcing him to sit in the basket(basket made from bamboo) fraught with nettle plants.Every student had different story to tell, regarding the mode of punishment in the school.No doubt, punishment was definitely prevalent in the school.
It so happened that the mayor paid a visit to the village only to enforced the parent to send their children for schooling. So immeasurable was the height of the fear I underwent to know that I would be sent for school. When a day was left for me to bid farewell to my parents, sudden rush of emotion signaled me to leave the world permanently. To my astonishment, I could see my father struggling to free my neck from the loop of diabolic rope. In the house, everything was empty for me except the fact that there was a huge cry in the house to know the extreme step I had taken only to escape from the punishment. They assured me that I will be kept with them forever.
Months flew by, to give way to year, and many years ran away disregarding my life. A day came, it was really the day destined to change the course of my life. I didn't know how and who took me to the place which was unfamiliar to my eyes.But I could see myself amidst hundred or so heads. I was fully grown up not to fear anyone. It was so thrilling for me to see that my dad and mom were standing by the white long building with the marked of joy in their faces. And suddenly I realized it was the school, where I was about to begin my formal education.With the closure of the day, my parents assured me that they would pay visit every morning, only to figure out that I was being fooled.
I knew that my parents left me alone in the bevy of unknown faces. I cried for a day until a stranger came to console me. We then became the best friend.No catastrophe ever disrupted my schooling life. All the happenings that happened in the rest of my life in school just appear muffled,yet I am proud to see myself continuing professional education.
When I was overtaken by the fear of school, when the parents were struggling to make me stay in the world, when no willing heart ever grew to study and when ambition to become someone in life had never occured.....I wonder wasn't it a dream to be in nursing profession???

3 comments:

  1. Interesting one. Enjoyed every line. Fear of corporal unishement in the mind of innocent child. Keep posting la.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good one....thats the fear and also ignorance....:).keep writing bro...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. An interesting piece bro...i heard the same stories from my village fellas and our parents who dreaded going to school and now all they have is regrets!
    Anyways, i nominated you for a blogger award brother....do visit,my site.

    ReplyDelete